Offset timeline for duplicate animations

Hello,

I am working on my first from scratch project using Photoshop, Blender and Zapworks. I created 3D fish swimming in a stream. I have all the fish in my scene but they all start swimming on the same frame so they are all moving in time with each other thus, it looks weird. I am not sure what the best approach is to solve this. I thought maybe I could export different versions of the model from blender but I would think that would make my zap file bigger. Is there a solution to this within Studio?
The other issue I am having is the animation has a little snap in it. Meaning it seems to speed up at one point. Hard to describe but if you Zap my sample you will see it happening. In blender the animation is smooth. Thanks so much! river-layout-small

Hi @mgoins200. To get different animations you could set up the different instances of your model in the hierarchy and then assign different timeline animations to each to go at different times. MultipleAnimations_DifferentTimesExample.zpp (2.8 MB) . Attached is an example of the same Zapbot model, the same animation, just triggered at different times in the controller timeline. You could set different controllers for each fish as well. Then trigger through code or actions. Zap below to see it in action.

MultipleAnimations

As for the animation hiccup, I would double-check the original animation you created in blender and see if it shows there. You might also apply some different interpolations (right click your keyframes in the animation) and try some different options. This might help. Below are a few additional references that might help as well.

Good luck!

https://docs.zap.works/studio/3d-models/playing-3d-animations/

https://docs.zap.works/studio/getting-started/timelines/

1 Like

Love your clock !!

steve

1 Like

Thank you for the help! Great sample. I really appreciate it.
I am starting to understand the timeline but the animation hiccup is baffling me. I started a new thread specifically for that giving an example: