Need Help De-Bugging Studio Project with the Video Player

I’ve created a prototype Studio project and have reached the limits of my coding ability and need some support to make it work as intended.

After users tap the Spark Plug button and then the Intro button, I would like the 30 second video to automatically play. If users tap any navigation button while the video is playing, I want the video to stop.

Currently, I have each scene scripted to be visible and enabled when navigation buttons are tapped, but those scripts do not affect the video player. I also have the video set not to auto play, but I figure that will need to be changed.

Thank you in advance for your insights and support.

I’m having trouble uploading the zpp file and keep getting an error “undefined method `etag=’ for #”

I’ve tried uploading the zpp file as a reply to this thread, but get the same error code. The zpp file is 27MB.

However, I’ve added it to my Dropbox and the file can be accessed at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sutlusa082bnzj0/3D%20Engine%20with%20parts.zpp?dl=0

Hi @2iteducationsolution,

Thank you for sending across your ZPP file!

I have made an example to help explain how a video can be played, paused and restarted when a button (plane) is touched.

I am using the videoplayer subsymbol much like the experience you have created. This has the Video Url added to the properties along with its visibility property set to false and autoplay set to false.

Next, 2 planes have been added with play/pause images assigned to the material properties and pointer down created. Within the play script, I have dragged in the videoplayer node from the Hierarchy to create a reference of it. Using this reference,the visibility property is set to true and the video is started using the start exported function -

Video_Player.nodes.control.start();

I do the same for the stop button but instead, set the visibility to false and use the pause exported function to stop the video -

Video_Player.nodes.control.pause();

The video can also be restarted using the restart exported function -

video.player.nodes.control.restart();

Download here: Video Play And Stop.zip (794.8 KB)

Hope this helps!
George

Hi,
Your directions and sample were just the support I needed. My AR experience works like a charm!
You should get a raise, or at least a cookie.

Best,
Johnny

2 Likes

Is there any chance you could upload your example now?
I want to us the portal tutorial to create a room with tap-able photos on the wall and when the user taps on a photo it brings up a streaming 360 video full screen then closes it when finished back to the room.
Your example would help me greatly achieving this.

Hi @veronica,

I have updated the post above ^ to include the download link for this project.

The video player subsymbol also emits a custom event when the video has finished -

symbol.emit(“video:finish”);

This can be used in the parent as an event handler, for example -

Video_Player.on(“video:finish”, () => {
//When the video has finished, do this (take user back to room)
));

Hope this helps.
George

1 Like

Thank you so much for this.
I’ll give it a shot and hopefully will be able to get it all working today.
Your reply is much appreciated.

:):grin:

1 Like

Glad it was so helpful @veronica!

Be interesting to see what you come up with - there’s always our Show & Tell section if you’d like to show off your work and get some feedback from the community and our team :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I’m over the moon that i have it working. it’s all just a test but will have full graphics and videos done today.

It’s a little portal 3D room and clicking on the photos on the wall will full screen 360 videos made by local community kids.
Can’t wait to let the kids all see it together.
Will defiantly be posting the final project file, maybe it will help others starting out too.

Thanks guys for all of the help given.

3 Likes

That sounds like a really awesome project!

And definitely - we’re keen for people to share the results of their work because as you say, it could be really important to others who are starting out. I think when you’re embarking on a first AR project with the toolkit, it’s really great for people to be inspired by the creative community here :slight_smile:.

Super welcome for all the help - can’t wait to see it. Sure the kids will love it.

1 Like