My First Project: A Thread

Hi guys,

I thought that it would be nice to create a thread where we can all share the first project that we created.

It’ll be really nice to see where you all started and how your skills and knowledge of ZapWorks progresses/has progressed!

If you have a free minute to take part, please post the first project that you worked on below, with a little bit of context :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, my first project was built using Designer. I watched the Image Tracked to Video tutorial and thought that it might be something I could do (having no design, 3D or animation expertise at all). I was super chuffed that I managed to get it working and consider the publication of this project to be the moment that I fell in love with creating AR experiences.PNG

4 Likes

LOL Nice :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve

Fancy posting your first one @stevesanerd? :smiley:

1 Like

I’m trying to thing what was my first. I’m thinking it was for the first halloween competition back in 2017. I didn’t make it in time to be counted but it was used later as an example for the next years halloween competition.

ZapWorksHalloweenCompetition_TargetImage

Steve

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’m Chris, one of the Senior AR Developers at Zappar HQ.

78871803_2627246440688388_4550430567786610688_n

My first project using ZapWorks studio was part of the first round of content for PEZ Play, back in 2017, I’d only been working at Zappar for maybe a week and a half and by this point had only the tutorials on the docs to go through.

It’s a simple stacking game, festooned with lovely cherry flavoured PEZ candies. Under the hood it’s a bit messy, maybe not the most efficient project. I’ve come a long way since then, but so has the software.

1 Like

Would love to try it out.

Steve

Hey Steve!

PEZ Play’s live on the app stores right now, and since we just pushed some new games, it’s never been better to play :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is my first Zapworks experience… 2016. Is full of issues that now I would easily fix, but is still fascinating…

3 Likes

My first project was making my painting come to life, adding audio as the painting went with the audio telling a story about a hashtag.

3 Likes

Oh, looks cool!!

Thanks… since then I’ve created an immersive coloring book using zapworks and I’ve got a kickstarter for a storybook for elementary school children on endangered species.