Multiple videos individually triggered by buttons

I’m trying to set up multiple buttons that each launch a video player. I can do it in Designer (similar to this: [Designer Tutorial] Target image linking to individual video scenes), but Designer seems to compress my BG image. Also, I just want to know how to do this in Studio.

I tried making a button that ‘on tap’ would change the state of a Video Player to visible, enabled, autoplay, etc. just to get started. No combination of these seems to work. The Video Player would either autoplay anyway, or the button would not change the state of the Video Player.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-Nick

Hi @nickagneta. With videos in studio I have found that to stop the autoplay you will need to attach the seen/not seen actions to them. Here is a thread that provides links and examples of seen/not seen. Center screen content Tracking tutorial

You will need to set the videos to play when seen and to stop when not seen. There will be a bit of coding involved in the pointer down script you assign to each video or button to control them. Here is some info on that as well. https://docs.zap.works/studio/subsymbols/subsymbol-templates/components/video-player/.

Lastly, with Studio, I find that when you stream video content in the quality os better per your network connection.

Destery

1 Like