Material Not Showing

MaterialsNotShowing

Hey everyone,

I’ve created an FBX file from blender that uses a material, which I understand will not be included as part of the FBX, unlike on the Zapworks Guide, however, there isn’t even a request when importing the FBX for me to upload the corresponding material file (As seen in photo). If you know what I’m doing wrong with the FBX file please help.

Thank you!

I have had models that would do that as well. I would just add the model then go into it and add the needed files.

Steve

how do you add materials after importing the model?

kind regards

Dan

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue? I’ve seen this error pop up all over the place. It doesn’t look great guys! Documentation needs updating or the community will suffer and deplete as a result.

Hi everyone!

I’ve just added an answer here - Baffled man requests help with FBX Material error which may be helpful for you! It explains a bit about adding your materials after importing the model :blush:

TL;DR - You can double click on your subsymbol in the ‘SYMBOL DEFINITIONS’ module to go into your model; you should see your materials in the Hierarchy and can edit them in the Properties panel!

Have a lovely day,
Francesca :blush: