Material Not showing up

Again I apologize for my lack of knowledge but trying to learn here. When I drag my fbx and mtl files together to the “Importing media files” area the IMPORT 3D window pops up but there is nothing there until I change it to Standard Lighting, Toon Material or Physically Based Rendering Material. Then it looks ok. I click finish. Then when I take the file and drag it to the root so that it shows up on screen it is all black UNTIL I change the Toggle Scene Light to Add Simulated light if none in Hierarchy OR Use simulated light only. Then it looks ok. However then when I go to Preview it, it becomes all black again. Meaning it looks to me like the material is not showing up but the shape of the object is. I’ve tried it with a obj file as well and I get similar results. I’ve uploaded my files so maybe someone can take a look at it and help. Files at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qrth9v92u9eomgh/AADQ60OCG2CZU7tcW3uXD_HHa?dl=0

1 Like

Just from your post you need to add a light source as well. Setting add light in zapworks does not add it to the finished product.

Steve

Thanks Steve - But when I bring other elements like the free Zappar assets like the goal keeper or the dinosaur they show up fine without a light source.

That’s because the free assets were made before zapworks used lighting.
I made a quick demo with your model and added lighting.

Material help.zpp (373.3 KB)

Steve

Hi Steve - I see it now. Thanks!!
Sorry for the novice questions but trying to run my graphic design business and learn this stuff. Just not enough hours. Thank you!

1 Like

No problem at all. I’m still learning as well. Just glad to help.

Steve

1 Like