Low image Quality

Hi Zappar,

I was wondering if there is an limitation to the image quality in the online editor. We are trying to make a click-trough explanation of some software but the screenshots tend to lose a lot of quality, as if Zapworks downsamples them after uploading. Is there a limit and if so is there a difference between Zapworks online editor and the Studio?

Kind Regards
USG Engineering Academy

Control video compression level in Designer
Chromakey video

Hi There,

There’s no limit as such but all media uploaded into the online editor is subject to compression to help it load and run across as many devices and internet connections as possible.

ZapWorks Studio gives you much more flexibility over the quality and compression level of assets uploaded, though it’s still good to try and compress where possible to keep the final download size down.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Mark

Hi Mark!

That does explain a lot. Thank you for your quick response!

Kind regards

I’m having the exact same problem. I have encoded/optimised my video to 22mb which is relatively small. But the Designer turns it into potato cam footage. Tried uploading hi res, and still does the same. Does not matter what I do, Designer is compressing it into useless footage.

I tried to use studio, but when I placed a video (any video, I tried a few) it just gives me a box in the right hand corner with chequered squares in it, and shows no video. Tried uninstalling and re-installing studio and just got the same thing.

Hi Geo,

We’re aware of an issue which is causing Videos uploaded to Designer to be compressed by an unusually large amount. We are investigating this, and I’ll let you know as soon as I get an update on this.

In the meantime, we recommend you use Studio if you have access to it for greater control over video compression.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Bob