Issues Publishing

I am trying to test out the WebAR experience, but every time I publish I am presented with a compile error.

8081afeb-92c2-41e0-acda-145fe3af969.zpt File does not exist.

Unfortunately that is a horrible error with no indication of the issue.

-Eric

1 Like

I have had that problem.
There is something wrong with your tracking image. When I got this error my tracking image looked like a checkerboard. You will need to retrain your tracking image.and replace the bad one with your new one.

Steve

Thanks for the info. I was trying to use the WebAR qr code as the tracked image, but that is failing.

-Eric

1 Like

You can try it. It would be like using a zap code. but I don’t think it will track well.
As for training it just make sure it’s a good file and not to big.

Steve

1 Like

Hi Eric,

We don’t recommend you use a QR code/ ZapCode as a trigger, as it is generally used to activate AR content , but it can be difficult to display content on a trigger. In addition, QR codes consist of repetitive patterns, which is a bad practice. For tracking image best practices, be sure to check our article here.

What you could possibly do is instead of placing your content on a tracking image, you could use world tracking. Be sure to check our Getting Started guide here on how to do that.

Hope this helps,
Bob

1 Like

I was just looking for a quick sample for POC. Unfortunately, we are going to have to look at other options. The requirement is for World Scale tracking of a large 10’x8’x20’ object, hopefully using WebAR. So far the tests have not worked well and we won’t have the distance to do a large scale graphic as the tracker.

-Eric

Just want to check your not trying to track a real object are you? If it’s a poster or something solid and image like you should be ok. But if your thinking of something you could walk around wont work. Also you may want to so something with world tracking but WebAR doesn’t support it yet.

Steve

Hi all! If any of you are having this problem still I think I have found the answer! It seems to be related to the PNG QR Code you download from Zapworks, it basically doesn’t like it, although it does accept it when you train it (thought it might of thrown up an issue at that point…). Anyway, the quick way round it is to reopen the PNG in Photoshop and resave out. It brings the size down from about 400kb to around 4kb and when I retrained it the publish went through first time. Hope this helps!