Issue sharing snapshot() with Whatsapp on iOS

Hello!

I have problems sharing screenshot with whatsapp on ios, with other applications it works.

The screenshot does not appear.

59A3C799-A0C6-428A-A95C-26D6494643D5
D39870AA-B2C2-40CA-AA52-7AE03E26207F

2 Likes

Hi @orozcodanilo,

This is a known issue with the WhatsApp API, in that it doesn’t allow the sharing of an image with a caption. In instances where a caption is attached to an image, WhatsApp will ignore the image and only provide the caption for sharing.

Unfortunately as this is an issue on WhatsApp’s end there’s not much we can do. A workaround some users choose to use, is to include the desired hashtag within the image itself, so that WhatsApp will allow it to be shared.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Seb

2 Likes

Hi seb,

I’ve followed the suggestion and I’ve solve the problem, thank you very much for the response!
Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello @Seb,

Hope you have been well and u had a good holyday travel!
I was testing some applications and I noticed that Zappar don’t let us share in Insta. What’s the problem? Is Instagram the problem or Zappar really can’t indentify it?

att, HigĂŁo.

Hey @higor,

Hope you’re well.

Are you still having this issue sharing to Instagram?

Thanks,
Seb

1 Like

Hey @Seb,

Yeah, I still has this issue in IOs, I can do it in Android but nothing in IOs.

att, HigĂŁo.

Hi
Did you resolve this issue? I can’t share on Instagram either on IOS. Also how do we change the hashtag before it gets to the sharing stage? All I can do at the moment is manually change it, which is not ideal for my needs.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @technology,

Unfortunately not, our team is still looking into the cause of this issue.

We’ll update this thread as soon as we have an update on the matter. Apologies for any inconvenience.

I believe George and Higor are giving you a hand over on the other thread in regards to the share message, so in case anyone else wants to take a look:

All the best,
Seb

Hello, to fix the issue of sharing snapshots with WhatsAoo on your iOS device, you could try to force reboot your iOS device first. Or try to force quit the app and launch it again. Of course, reinstalling the app may remove some app bugs so as to sharing the snapshots successfully. But if these ways don’t help, then you could try the ios repair tool to fix the issue without data loss.

The reason it doesn’t work is because sharing images on Safari is not currently supported. It will get there, eventually.

That is a general problem. Supported versions like whatsapp gb, whatsapp plus can fix.

I recommend you to use Whatsapp GB version. This application can help you to solve the problem

Hi, you can update your Whatsapp to the latest version, or use an iOS system recovery software.

Then, try to use the latest WA Plus application on your Android phone…