Introduce Yourself to the ZapWorks Community ⚡

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the official community forum for ZapWorks. I’m Adam from the ZapWorks Team, its great to have you here :smile:

Our team at ZapWorks would love to get to know you all. You could be a new member looking for some advice on ZapWorks projects, or maybe an old patron who has never been properly introduced and has a wealth of knowledge to share. Either way, let us know a few things about yourself! Here are a few topics to get the ball rolling:

:zap:Who are you and where are you from?

:zap:What do you like to make with ZapWorks? Is there a project you are particularly proud of?

:zap:Are there any ZapWorks features you want to learn or need help with?

:zap:Have you had a fun celebrity encounter (Bonus points if you have photos to prove it :camera:)?

:zap:What is your weirdest and most wonderful fact?

We look forward to hearing from you :grin:

giphy

1 Like

I guess I can get us started.

:zap:Who are you and where are you from? I’m Adam and I’m the Technical Operations Support at Zappar. I have recently joined the team this year and already having a great time. I just finished my degree and jumped on the grad train to London, but I’m originally from Stockton-On-Tees (well done to anyone who knows where that is :male_detective:)

:zap:What do you like to make with ZapWorks? Is there a project you are particularly proud of? I studied Biology so find the ‘Exploding Eye’ and ‘Secrets of the Human Body’ examples really interesting. My best project so far was probably recreating the Exploding Eye project

:zap:Are there any ZapWorks features you want to learn or need help with? I have learnt a lot from the Studio tutorials so far but would love to learn more on animating 3D models

:zap: Have you had a fun celebrity encounter (Bonus points if you have photos to prove it :camera:)? Has to be meeting Bill Nighy in a restaurant in York, he was so nice that he came over to our table after to see how our evening was going. Second place to bumping in to Mark Labbett at a wrestling event of all places

:zap:What is your weirdest and most wonderful fact? I broke the noise record at Longleat Safari Park when I was 9 (it said I was louder than an elephant!)

3 Likes

Okay, I’ll rise to the challenge. Thanks for getting us started Adam!

:zap:Who are you and where are you from? I’m Tom and I’m the Senior Customer Success Manager here at Zappar. I’m originally from the Forest of Dean (think - deep dark woods and filming location for Harry Potter, Star Wars and His Dark Materials among others!) so I’m a country boy at heart. I’ve lived in London since 2015.

:zap:What do you like to make with ZapWorks? Is there a project you are particularly proud of? I’ve just started learning Unity so the Unity SDK has been an impressive addition to my skillset!

:zap:Are there any ZapWorks features you want to learn or need help with? I really want to learn more about using 3D animations in Studio! I’ve seen some great pre-fabs already so I’m impressed with what it can do.

:camera: Have you had a fun celebrity encounter (Bonus points if you have photos to prove it :camera:)? I had one very strange night where I met Will Young (singer/songrwiter), leader of the Labour Party, Ed Miliband and former Prime Minister of the UK, Tony Blair. It was certainly one to remember.

:zap:What is your weirdest and most wonderful fact? Tigers have striped skin not just striped fur. The stripes are like fingerprints and no two tigers have the same pattern. Cool, huh?

3 Likes

Ooh this looks great! Can’t wait to get to know our amazing community!

:zap: Who are you and where are you from?
Hi everyone! My name is Francesca and I’m Support Engineer here at Zappar. I’m from Wales but have been blessed to have been able to grow up in Qatar and Dubai before returning to the UK to study in England. I’ve since returned to Wales - very much enjoying the mountains but also very much missing the sun! I joined Zappar last year as an intern and loved it so much that absolutely I had to stay. :heart:

:zap: What do you like to make with ZapWorks? Is there a project you are particularly proud of?
Because I joined as an intern, I have managed to learn a lot in a relatively short amount of time, so my favourite thing is seeing my progress. Because of that, I’d say that the ZapBox visualisation is one of my favourite projects so far because it was an awesome display of the things I’ve learned!

:zap: Are there any ZapWorks features you want to learn or need help with?
Since I’m responsible for doing a few of the more practical Universal AR examples, I’d love to experiment with our Unity package further. I’m pretty comfortable with the more web-based libraries, so I’m very excited to bring my Unity knowledge up to the same caliber.

:zap: Have you had a fun celebrity encounter (Bonus points if you have photos to prove it :camera:)?
I’ve never actually met a celebrity, but I have seen a few wandering around the Dubai Mall or Atlantis hotel!

:zap: What is your weirdest and most wonderful fact?
I still have a lightning bolt scar on my forehead from when I was three. Considering I now work at Zappar, I think it was meant to be!

2 Likes

Want to introduce myself to the ZapWorks Community, starting to use Zappar as my AR tool of choice. Looking forward to connecting with everyone and really leveling up my AR skills.

Who are you and where are you from?
Hello everyone my name is Don and I’m a digital designer, motion graphics designer & animator. Looking forward to diving more into AR. I’m orginally from Ohio but currently in Houston, Texas.

What do you like to make with ZapWorks? Is there a project you are particularly proud of?
I’m looking to create more immersive AR experiences for different industries and brands. Currently the one I’m most proud of is the AR experience I created for my business card although it wasn;t done with Zappar but another one.

Are there any ZapWorks features you want to learn or need help with?
Since I do 2D/3D motion graphics and animation I’m really looking to learn more about that and making great experiences.

I’ve not had a whole lot but one I am proud of and can say she’s a friend and my sister in Christ, we both attend the same church. The awesome and talented Yolanda Adams, as you can see she’s quite tall. Lol!!

What is your weirdest and most wonderful fact?
It’s not really weird but fun fact is I’m the youngest of 10 kids, 5boys, 5girls

4 Likes

:zap: Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Destery and I am from the state of Iowa here in the U.S. I’m in the eastern part of Iowa which puts me about 5 hrs away from anything really interesting. I have been using ZapWorks designer and Studio now for the last 4 years.
:zap: What do you like to make with ZapWorks? Is there a project you are particularly proud of?
I use ZapWorks to create interactive learning experiences. One of my favorite experiences was a scavenger hunt I created for the atdTK virtual conference this year. There were 10 separate experiences created ranging from simple overlays of content, face-tracking, and a world-tracked photosphere that took everyone to the Alamo in Texas.
:zap: Are there any ZapWorks features you want to learn or need help with?
I am really excited to get my new Zapbox as part of the Kickstarter. Would love to see more on how to build for it in Studio.
:camera: Have you had a fun celebrity encounter (Bonus points if you have photos to prove it: camera:)? When I was in New York we were on our way to see Wicked on Broadway and as we turned the corner there was Hugh Jackman standing there with a couple of security guards promoting a show he was in later that month. He’s shorter than he looks on screen.
:zap: What is your weirdest and most wonderful fact?
My most wonderful fact is that I am the proud father of five amazing kids. Weird fact, my name “Destery” is from an old western movie called “Destry Rides Again!”. It starred Jimmy Stewart and Marlene Dietrich.

5 Likes