Imported mess from Sketchfab to Studio. Help!

Hello everyone!

First post here on the forum, im just making some experimentations with studio for importing models. I really appreciate your help right now.
So i bought a 3D model from Sketchfab, (something simple and cheap) and this is what got when importing to Studio:
47%20AM
Model seems to be completely broken apart!

This is the model i bought on SketchFab: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/real-apartment-60-meters-quad-b6e0872e4b464f959b50a03e001abb13

I thought models coming from Sketchfab are all compatible with Studio. Is theres something im missing??? how can i fix this??

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Thank you all.

1 Like

Hi @suarezl,

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

It’s great to see that you’re using our new SketchFab integration!

SketchFab is an open platform where 3D artists can upload their own 3D models. Unfortunately, this means that the models on there weren’t created specifically with Studio in mind, though 99% of the time this shouldn’t be an issue.

However, occasionally (due to the previous point) you may come across some that may not be exactly what you’d expect, due to the way the artist has provided the 3D model (in your case, for example, it seems like the objects are offset from the origin point).

In these rare cases, it may be that you’d need to make some minor tweaks to the model in a 3D software before following our 3D model export guide to ensure they’re compatible with Studio.

Hope this helps.

George

Thanks for your kind response George.

I took the model in 3DS MAX and it look to be just perfect. So i guess its how the model was built. Its dissapointing since i paid for it and its worthless for Studio work :frowning:

Anyway thanks for your support. This won’t discourage me to keep experimenting :slight_smile:

Suarezl.
If you have 3ds max you can just export it to a pod or fbx and then manually add it to studio.

Steve

Thanks for your input Steve.

Thats what i did, and i keep getting the same results. Evenmore the file shows perfectly in 3DS Max.

Cheers

Maybe the guys at zappar can take a look at the file.

Hi @suarezl,

Feel free to send the 3Ds Max file to support@zappar.com.

We will take a look and see if we can find a solution to get this model into Studio correctly.

George

1 Like