Image tracking with new tracker image is still showing the AR on the old image despite disconnecting the old tracker image from the model

Hi all, I’m currently struggling with Image Tracking: I’ve started with the Image Tracking template in ZapWorks Studio (the one where you can pinch and zoom the Earth), and I’m trying to replace default tracker image with my own tracker image. However, the AR is still being shown attached to the old image. Does anyone have any fix for this? Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1. Get QR code (and zapcode) from the project on my ZapWorks account and paste it onto my own image.
  2. Import new tracker image into ZapWorks and train the image file.
  3. Place this new image in the hierarchy right under root and attach the target manipulator to it.
    At this point, I tested the model. The apps (webxr.run and the Zappar app) both show that it’s unlocking, but then the AR Earth isn’t showing. When I point to the default ZapWorks image, only then does the AR Earth appear.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? I haven’t been able to find a fix from documentations.

Hi @xlab,

The easiest way to replace the template target with your own is to:

1. Train your new target image, then leave it in the Media Library.
  2. Head to the template’s target image in the Hierarchy and click on it.
  3. Take a look at the Properties Panel and find the Source property.
  4. Use the drop-down menu to choose your new image.

Hopefully this is helpful! :tada:

Have a great day,
Francesca :blush:

The AR content remains tied to the original image. Here’s what I’ve done: I retrieved the QR code from my ZapWorks project and placed it on my custom image. Then, I imported and trained the new image in ZapWorks Studio, ensuring its hierarchy was correct. Strangely, while both the webXR.run platform and the Zappar app indicate successful unlocking, the AR element fails to show up unless I point the camera at the default ZapWorks image. I’ve scoured the documentation but couldn’t find a solution.