I don't know if this goes against policy....?

SORRY, this is a long entry!
If you make it to the end, KUDOS to you!
And, thanks for reading this long entry!

First a quick question about Designer:

1. Is the ability to tap a picture and not have it go to new a scene, but disappear within that scene there and uncover what is underneath it? I was thinking about making an interactive jigsaw/ hidden picture puzzle challenge for my friends. And, If the buttons were pressed in the wrong order, then it would reset the scene to the beginning and they would have to restart the puzzle again? Is this idea even possible in Designer?

The next part is asking about Personal Use Policies:
I’m a teacher and I talked to by school and they aren’t willing to put up the cash to buy a membership. I think that this technology is a bit too new…? So, I need to figure out how to show them how cool this can be and maybe convince them to buy a membership?
I’m figuring out how to circumvent not paying for an educational or business membership myself and trying to slowly integrate this into my school. And, my hopes is that the teachers and administration like it so much that it becomes part of our school…? But, all this maybe an educator’s pipe dream…? At any rate, below are some things I was thinking about…

1. I’m an Art teacher and would like to be interactive with my student’s pictures. If I have the students do some paintings and then video record them describing it to those who ZAP it… Does that go beyond personal use? Or, put it on Youtube and have them ZAP it from there?

2. Could my students paint the ZAPPAR logo and make it an interactive painting? I saw the logo guidelines video, but, I didn’t really see if a handmade reproduction could occur? I know QR codes can because we’ve done that before, but making an artfully done QR design code with wood took painfully to long to make work and I don’t want to to that again! The Zappar code looks vastly more simple to reproduce…? But, is reproduction of the logo legal?

3. Next, I thought that it would be a fun idea to do a virtual walking tour around our school. For example, Scene 1 would start in our front office and have buttons to doors to go to different scenes. Then when one of my students enter that door, by tapping on to the door in the picture that has a button on it, they would go to, for example, Scene 2. And, in Scene 2, there would be a video of that classroom or office and the teacher would be talking about themselves and what they do. It is no way a profitable thing. I can not and don’t know how one could ever make money from it, but I thought that it would be a fun interactive way for my students to know the staff, faculty, and school. Would this still be under the personal membership guidelines for personal use?

4. I am a teacher and I am having a long learning curve when using Studio. As simple as the tutorial videos seem to be… for someone who has never done this before, It’s quite the challenge.

Zappar has tutorials for advance, intermediate, and beginner level, but you also need to add idiot level, too! Because, that is where I’d be! And, the time frame that it says that it takes to do it… holy cow! Times that time by 3! I know it’s NOT the the instructional videos, it’s my simple understanding of it all…

SO… My question:
I don’t know if this is legal for me to ask this in this forum, but does anyone live in Los Angeles, Ca that is willing to sit down with me and show me basic fundamentals? I just don’t understand the philosophy of why things need to be pressed or moved in a certain order? I’m constantly getting confused and forgetting what I’m doing. I feel like I’m cheating because I find myself just watching something for a second to do that one thing then clicking over to Studio doing that one thing, then clicking back to the video and not remembering a thing. I’m not a rich person BY ANY MEANS (I’m a middle school teacher that works in the inner city), but I am willing to pay for a tutoring session? Or, is there someone who, If I had an idea could do some work (again, I’m not rich AT ALL) to do it? I just would love to have a 360 interactive character created?

I downloaded BLENDER and I am having an intense time just making a coffee cup (none-the-less an actual charter)! I’m watching Youtube videos… but, of all the videos, I’ve seen… They are all using older versions and the buttons are all different. And, its taking me forever to figure out what they are doing…

At any rate, if you’ve made it this far in this entry, thank you!

The initial reason why I got this app was to have interactive art with my god-child and maybe introduce this to some friends and my students. However, I’m having a lot of fun with this and it’s giving me SO many ideas. And, If some of my ideas go beyond the personal use policy, tell me and I’ll TOTALLY understand!
That’s why i am asking before I do anything.

Thank you again for your time in reading this!

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! Sorry for such a delay in getting back to you.

I will send you a private message with answers to your questions.

Best,
Daniel