Huawei Honor 7, wont see controller

The controller from ZapBox work well with my Samsung S5 i have from work, but not my own smartphone, a Huawei Honor 7.
Once i open the app and start calibrating it, i cant go further than first point. It cannot register my controller, not in any angle or distance. Tried with both.

I have re-installed the app a few times now. No change.
Issue because Huawei likes to re-program Android a little to much?

Thanks for the report.

My guess would be that this is the same issue as on the Xiomi 4x - that it uses a “legacy” implementation of the camera2 API and doesn’t offer a 720p resolution preview format.

We got hold of a note 4 so I’ve been playing with it a bit. Using the old camera API offers a 720p preview format, and even seems to offer the ability to set ISO to reduce blur.

It seems in general there are quite a few devices that only implement the new camera API in “legacy” mode and will actually behave better using older one, despite it being deprecated.

In the next build we’ll properly check 720p is supported in the new camera API and fall back to the old one otherwise. Probably also worth adding a setting so people can force the old one if it gives better behaviour on their device.

I have an Honor 7 as well and have the same issue. Can’t see the controller at all.