How to get 1 object to follow another in zappar

Hi I have a 3D subsymbols (cells) that are animating on a timeline (the animation is position and rotation so they move about the screen and rotate slightly) and I want to bring in a particle effect to follow each 3D subsymbol (cell) as it animates and to play while the cells are animating.

The particle effect project I am referencing is here: Particles.zpp (370.4 KB)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Set it relative to the one you would like to follow. I like to make a group and then move the group with things in it.

Steve

Thank you steve! So I currently have a plane as an stand-in for the box in the particle object and I am trying to get it to follow my TCell_1 which is animating in the timeline below. I have the plane set relative to the TCell- but when I press play in the animation timeline the plane object remains static.

The animations were imported from maya and are all timed together. Similarly when I group the plane and cell the plane does not follow the object.

Ok sorry you are using animations in the model not that you are using a timeline itself to move the model.

It doesn’t more because the model really isn’t moving around in zappar space (ie it’s position).
You may have to go into the model and add it there.

Steve

can you clarify what you mean by ‘go into the model and add it there’? I have added the plane in the model symbol and set it relative to the T cell object that I want the plane to follow. Can you specify as to how to add the transform. position. relative to part to the timeline? Attaching screenshot

Ok so it looks like we have to use the Attachment Points from the model when we first and it. I’m adding a zapbot model and photo.

Steve

zapbot-Help.zpp (359.5 KB)