High video compression in Designer

Hi all,

As some of you may have noticed, for a short period of time videos uploaded to Designer were compressed more than usual which has caused a drop in video quality. However, we’ve rolled out an update which resolves this issue. Videos that are uploaded to Designer should now display with better quality :slight_smile:

Note that videos you upload to Designer are automatically zapified, meaning that videos are converted to a format suitable for the Zappar App. It also compresses your videos to reduce the size of your experience upon download. If you’d like greater control over compression, be sure to use Studio.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused; please let us know if you still have issues and we’ll be happy to help!

All the best,
Bob

3 Likes

Hi

Video seems really poor quality again when uploaded in Designer I was just wondering if anything had changed in the compression?

Thanks

Hey, the video bug still here. show in very low resolution. Please help us!

Hi Bob, how are you. Im still have with the Poor Resolution in the Designer, are you have any update or improve to this? Not matter what format i upload always the videos are in low resolution.

This issue have more a year, before of this, the videos are looking great in Designer.

Thanks a lot

Same problem here, Feb 2, 2021

Hi Bob, I’m having this exact issue now in March 2022 - any ideas, please?

Hey Stephen, sorry to hear that you are having an issue with video compression in Designer. Can I ask if there is a reason why you are continuing to use ZapWorks Designer (legacy)? A certain feature for instance?

The new Designer uses adaptive video streaming which should offer a superior performance, as well as lots of new additional features such as world tracking which could add to your projects going forward.

Hi Chris, thanks for getting back.
I’m using the legacy version as I am adding an experience to a brochure that has four previous experiences built-in legacy. One of the requirements is that the re-scan button remains which I can’t see in the new designer web app.
I’m also finding tracking in the new designer not working initially on an image until I move the phone away, then move back onto the tracking image - then it picks it up. I’m using the same tracking image in legacy and it works perfectly there?

Hey Stephen, thanks for that. Super helpful. So would you be looking for the ability to re-scan. Is that QR codes or zapcodes that you are using in the brochure?

We actually deployed a pretty significant update to Designer last week which included some changes that may have fixed the issue you describe with the tracking image not being recognised initially. Do you think you could check that for me and confirm whether you are getting the same result?

Hi Chris, they’re QR codes in the brochure that need to be re-scanned. So the user can work around the page and re-scan each different QR code and image to see a different movie on each one.

I’ve just re-imported my tracking image to designer (new one) and it’s still the same - not initially recognising the tracking image.