Hide & Seek Theme

Hello. I’m trying to create a hide and seek themed game (using Zapbox), but with 3D elements. My idea is to have a 3D version of the city laid out before you and you’re supposed to find some hidden parts/items within the city using the right or left controller.

Do I need some intense coding for that to work? To be honest, I am not much of a coder but I do understand how it works.

I also want to add a timer and a game over/reset scene. I wonder if anyone can give some input or lead me to any direction. Thank you very much.

Hi @artdesign,

This sounds like a great idea, we’ve actually got some of our developers making a similar maze game using ZapBox at the moment! :slight_smile:

There will be some slight programming involved if you want to save which parts/items have been collected (kind of like an easter egg hunt). We would recommend checking out our typescript primer docs to learn the basics of conditionals and saving to an array.

You can also set up trigger regions on the parts/items that will react with the controllers, which will then cause an event. You can find out more information on how this can be done by watching our Creating ZapBox experiences video.

We actually have a timer subsymbol already set up, which could save you some time. You can find more information about the subsymbol on this thread -

Hope this helps.

George

1 Like

Thank you very much. I’ll check it out!
I’ll let you know if I run into any problems

2 Likes