GLTF/GLB Recommendations

Hello!

I’m trying to export a .glb / gltb file from 3DS MAX with the Babylon plugin. However, I did not find in the documentation what are the recommendations to use in Studio.

Does anyone have any idea what are options to select in the export process?

Thanks!

I’m not sure if you’re still looking for help on this, but I’m trying to get this same pipeline to work for a physically based rendering version of a previous ZapWorks project. I’m able to get static gLTF exports successfully into Studio now but if I try to export a gLTF or GLB directly from 3ds Max with animations it causes an “Unexpected end of JSON input” error in Studio. There is a way to work around that (use the BabylonJS Sandbox to export the scene as a new GLB and import that instead), but I have also seen a very significant jump in file size if I do that (which caused lots of other problems).

So yeah, still trying to figure this one out but I will try to post a guide of sorts to the forums if/when I can figure it out as I’ve been taking notes, heh.

Update! I posted a new topic that documents how I was able to solve this. I hope it helps! :slight_smile:

https://forum.zap.works/t/physically-based-rendering-pbr-3ds-max-and-babylon-js/7254

2 Likes