Glass like transparent texture

General question, I have glass globes with models in the centre (no snow) is there a way to use transparencies with 3d models in Zappar. I have not had much luck so far any help or guidance (link if you have one) would be appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

Hi @eric.davies,

Thanks for the question.

You can find out more information on opacity maps via our Lighting Materials article and information about rendering models through an opacity map via our Render Order article.

Hope this helps.

George

Thanks George,

Worked it out, I am a fan of Zappar I just find it not as easy to locate step by step training in areas that your videos don’t cover in detail. Guess someone will do a Lynda.com training session eventually.

regards

Eric

Hi @eric.davies,

Thanks for your feedback.

We understand that our docs and step-by-steps can sometimes be hard to navigate. We are looking into updating/improving them very soon which will hopefully give more of a structured flow throughout.

If you do have any comments (positive or negative) on the current step-by-step’s and articles, we would love to hear them at support@zappar.com.

Thanks again.

George

Care to share the basic steps? I’m looking to create a prism. I’ve done a little modeling and have access to Blender if needed. Thanks for any guidance.

Hey @George, I’m confused. The lighting materials documentation states that there are two lighting materials (Standard and Toon); and yet a third one, Physically Based Rendering (PBR), shows up in the menus depicted. I can’t find any Zappar documentation on working with PBR. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks much.

Hi @shot,

With PBR being the newest material type, we haven’t managed to add a mention to the lighting materials article but I promise, it’s on our to-do list. :slight_smile:

Physically Based Rendering (PBR) materials offer a very high shading quality using a simple and compact format. It provides more realistic material and lighting.

In a similar way to the Standard Lighting Materials, PBRs base colour will be defined by the Diffuse map and the other maps describe how the material will react with lighting.

Using an Environment Light in the scene is typically the best option. You can add a Gravity Environment Light from the Symbol Definitions Panel.

If you want to see a glTF model with PBR materials in Studio, I’d recommend importing one directly from SketchFab: https://docs.zap.works/studio/3d-models/importing-from-sketchfab/

George