Face paint with rectangular logos

I have created a face paint with rectangular logos on the chin, cheeks and forehead.

ZapparFacePaint_small

After I have imported it into Zappar Studio and applied it to the material. It looks like this:

2019-02-20_10-49-29

The rectangular logos on the cheeks and chin are acceptable due to the contour of the face, but the concave logo on the forehead is budging downward (it’s similar to the concave logo at the chin) instead of budging upward.

Hi @Kevan,

If you take a look at the face mesh image I have added below, it will help understand why this is happening.

faceMeshTemplate

This face mesh image is an exported unwrapped 2D version of the 3D model you see in Studio.

Looking at the image, you can see the lines are not straight. This is because they follow the curvature of the model. If you were to follow these lines when creating the texture, they would also wrap and follow the curvature, making for a much more straight edge.

face-tracking-arkit-ios-app-development

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions! :slight_smile:
George

2 Likes

Could you maybe provide another face mesh image with a ‘grid’ of facepaint lines that would show up as horizontal and vertical on the 3d mesh? I realize these lines would be curved on the ‘flat’ mesh image.

1 Like