Event not always logged using webar and snapshot

Issue:

Z.device.snapshot("#example", (didSave, didShare) => {
    symbol.controllers.UI.elements.on.activate();
    if (didSave){
        Z.stats.logEvent("savedEvent");//this event is only consistently logged using the app. If you use WebAR, this event is often times not registered
    }

if (didShare) {
        Z.stats.logEvent("sharedEvent");//this event is only consistently logged using the app. If you use WebAR, this event is often times not registered
    }
});

Affecting:
ZapWorks Studio, webar only.

Workaround:
I don’t know. If there is any please let me know.

Hello,

This bug was discovered on october 2019, here :

I also hope it will be fixed.

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for logging this.

I’ve been testing on both iOS and Android and all seems to be working as expected for me, in both the Zappar app and web.zappar.com.

Please note that this is a callback function, so it’ll only log once the snapshot modal is exited.

Do you have the device you are testing on @marks? I wonder if it could be specific to that device and its browser? If you let me know I can see if we can test on that specific device.

George

1 Like

Please note that this is a callback function, so it’ll only log once the snapshot modal is exited.

Interesting…does this mean that if the user closes the browser after saving or sharing but before the app exits the snapshot modal and goes back to the previous state, it won’t register the event? This could be the issue…because the user can just share and close the browser, never getting back to the experience.