Event Calendar doesnt work with Web AR QR Code

Hi everyone,

I’ve created a poster in ZapWorks Designer with a ‘save the date’ picture and the click action of ‘on tap - add calendar’ to create a calendar event.

This works fine using the Zappar app but doesn’t work at all when using the WebAR QR code. I’m using an iPhone XS, I open the camera app, it recognises the QR code which allows safari to launch and then the project runs normally. When you press the save the date icon, it goes grey which means its recognising the touch but it doesn’t pull up a calendar card.

Any ideas?

Hi there,

I’ve replied to you in email, however I’ll reply here to let people know of the issue. I’ve logged this issue with our team, and we’ll get back to you once we’ve made progress on this.

As an alternative to using the Calendar object in Designer is to link to a calendar event that you’ve set up via a URL.

​Once you apply a ‘Link To’ action to your calendar event, it should prompt you to open the native calendar app to add the event to your calendar.

To add a Calendar, you’ll need to create an ICS file as a link which lets the user add it to their local calendar. Check out the website here to generate an ICS file.

Hope this helps,
Bob

1 Like

Hi there,

How do I go about allowing user to add an event to calendar through Studio? Z.calendar works in Zappar App but not in WebAR after scanning QR code.

Thanks.

Hi @ashlee.lfw,

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like there is an issue with the Z.calendar function when launching into the web. It might be that the experiences launched in WebAR (the browser) don’t have access to the device specific functions.

I’ve also logged the issue with the team and will post on this thread when we know more information.

George

Any updates?

1 Like

Have you tried using a different browser like Chrome or Firefox? They might give you better results. In the meantime, check out this awesome calendar from https://www.123cаlendars.com/october-calendar.html for all your planning needs.