Drop shadow of Alpha video

Hi there,

I’ve seen an example of ZapBox on YouTube of Wyclef playing a song ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=LdrHwht3T2k ) where he has a drop shadow on the table.
For a project I’m currently working on we want to use the ‘normal’ Zappar-app (no ZapBox) and also use drop shadow. Can anyone tell me how it’s done in de Wyclef example?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Ferdy

Hi Ferdy,

This is just some creative ‘camera trickery’.

ZapWorks Studio does not have dynamic shadowing, every shadow seen in a Zappar experience will be faked.

For the example you have linked, the Wyclef video is a 2D Alpha Video and the shadow is an edited blacked out version of that Alpha Video positioned 90 degrees from the original video.

Hope this helps!
George

Exactly what I thought it would be, sadly. Because it’s just another video that needs to be synced in time.

Is the Wyclef video also time-synced? Or is it an embedded video in the Zap?

Hi @dvdkamp,

The videos in the example you shared aren’t time-synced from an external server due to the complications mentioned previously.

The way we got around this is by importing the videos to the project as local video files, and ensuring that they only play once they both emit the ready event, ensuring video A doesn’t start playback before video B has been loaded correctly, and vice versa.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
George