Designer/WebAR Question

Hello,

New to Zappar and have a few questions about the workflow.

I am using Designer/WebAR. I have my zap code on my target image but when scanning the zap code directly with my iPhone camera nothing happens. However, if I first go to web.zappar.com (to bring up the WebAR viewer) and scan the zap code my video experience plays. Must the user first click or manually type in this link for WebAR to work if I’m using Designer?

I am using this for a physical product so having to type a link first will not be a good user experience (plus there no room on my label). I also played around with Studio using a QR code which does open the WebAR viewer when scanning from my camera. Do I need to use Studio if I want the user to just scan a code on the product? Or maybe there is a way to use a QR code with Designer? Studio is a bit confusing for me and I like Designer as it is straight forward. I just have one video that plays after scanning the code (simple experience) but couldn’t figure out how to get the video to work with Studio.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Hi

It sounds like you are trying to scan the zapcode with a QR code scanner (iPhone camera) which will not work. You have 2 options:

1. Download the Zappar app from your app store and use that to scan the code
  2. Use a QR code instead of the zapcode. Go into your designer project and click on the ‘Triggers’ menu. Click to add a new trigger and choose QR code. Download this then add it on your project instead and you will now be able to use your iPhone to scan the QR code and launch your experience

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I tried option 2 since I’d like the experience to load without using the Zappar app. However, when uploading the tracking image with the QR code nothing was launched. After uploading my tracking image a message appeared “No zapcode found.” It seems as if Designer only recognizes your experience when using the zapcode (not a QR code). Can someone confirm this?

If not, what am I missing to use a QR code when creating my experience with Designer?

Thanks

The ‘No zapcode found’ isn’t anything to worry about and is not causing the problem, it is just better to have it on your tracking image and this doesn’t take into account the fact you are using a QR code. More of a concern is the low detail warning as this could be causing the issue if the tracking image isn’t good enough it can’t track the image and show your experience. You do not need to use a zapcode in designer for it to work, it absolutely works with a QR code only

Why don’t you post your tracking image here and it might give us a better idea of why it isn’t working

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Thank you for confirming this. I’ve attached my tracking image. It’s true to size of the label.

Best,
Rachael

Marker Print - Test 3.pdf (169.0 KB)

I took your suggestion and uploaded an image with more detail. Good news was that the QR code triggered the AR Viewer to open with Safari. However, nothing happened when I scanned my image. I’ve attached the detailed image below. I have a video attached to this experience and the previously uploaded one.

Thank you

Marker%20-%20Test%204

Hi

It worked for me when I scanned it, it was a video of a sun with a horizon I had to click play on the video for it to work. If you want it to start straight away without any user intervention I would go to the video properties and click ‘Play on Start’. You also might want to click ‘loop video’ and ‘hide controls’

Hi Paul,

Thanks for checking! Were you able to see the animation with both images? Also, what OS system is your phone? I am using an iPhone and after “unlocking” animation I still see just a black screen. I read in the forum with others having this same issue with iPhone but loading fine on Android.

Best,
Rachael

Yes both worked fine for me. I’m using an iPhone with IOS 13.6

1 Like

Ok, I think the issue may be that I’m using an older iOS version. Going to have support look into it further.

1 Like