Define global media files for use across subsymbols

Hello Everyone,

Anyone knows if Zappar has interest in improve this midia system of the Studio? This plataform everyday become more powerful and with this the possibilities of what to do are getting higher but with this weight system don’t let things so easy and cool to do. Actually if you want to has an experience with a good weight like 4 - 7mbs, everything have to be extremily optimized and if u are a person that works with several symbols you probably has a common problem in big projects that repeated midia files.

I know that we can do lots of things to avoid this and improve the weight of the experience but I still insist that would be cool if this system get improved too, like construct a part where you throw everything that you’ll use in the whole project (main and subsymbols) I think that with this you already avoid problems with the same 3d multiple times, the same image multiple times and etc for example.

This was just an example, I don’t know if it would be easy to do or if zappar’s guys has ideas for this. I thought about after several projects using several 3ds and also after see that we now have face tracking and plans for unmarked experiences, toons of lights to use and etc.

att, Higão.

1 Like

Also I want to report that Zapworks Studio isn’t showing files that aren’t being used anymore. Every file has the att icon that means that it isn’t being used:

att, Higão.

Hey @higor,

It’s a great suggestion :slight_smile:

Implementing the ability to define certain assets as global files that can be accessed from anywhere in the project is something we’ve discussed internally, as it would help to reduce the size of experiences that use the same asset across subsymbols, as you mentioned.

While we don’t have any further information to share at the moment, we’ll be sure to keep you updated.

All the best,
Seb

P.S. I’ve amended the topic title to reflect your request, but let me know if this isn’t what you had in mind.

2 Likes

Hey @Seb,

Np about the title it’s okay! About the request, yeah it’s a nice feature and if this come any day would be very cool!

att, Higão.