Default BabylonJS project shows static grey screen

Hey there,

I wanted to give a try to the BabylonJS template project, but it only gives a static grey screen (like the camera feed cannot be accessed?).

• I did give permissions.
  • I’m using the very exact same workflow as with other frameworks (I develop with Zapwork for A-Frame without such a problem).
  • tested on mobile through various browsers (Chrome, Brave, Firefox Focus) and desktop (Chrome, Brave)
  • I’m just trying out with the virgin default project initialized from the ‘zapworks init’ CLI, choosing static html, and serving locally.
  • on desktop, the console only shows a 404 error related to favicon, so I guess that’s not the problem (and it’s an error I remember having seen while developing with A-Frame if I remember well)

Hope this helps!
Would love to give it a try
Thomas

Hi @thomas2,

Try pointing your device at the target image :slight_smile: You can find it in the project that has been initialised, alternativley here : https://github.com/zappar-xr/zappar-babylonjs-image-tracking-standalone-bootstrap

I’ll make a quick change to this template to ensure we’re not rendering the cube if the target image is not seen.

update:

The fix is live (the cube was blocking the camera feed). New version is available for download through the CLI as well as our GitHub :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Oh I wasn’t suspecting that indeed haha :sweat_smile:

Happy it helped!
I confirm the update is live from the CLI.

Cheers!
T