Content Encoding:br

Hello,

I’ve uploaded Unity build to Zapworks and have been receiving this warning in the browser console and would like to know how to fix and speed up load times:

Thanks,
crafTDev

Hello,

you maybe aware that Unity supports 3 types of encoding - disabled, GZip and Brotli for WebGL builds. You can read more about each options here. For optimum performance, we recommend using Brotli compression with the fallback option. The hosting servers provided by Zappar are not specifically configured for any particular compression of the content… due to the requirement for generic web hosting suitable for all the other platforms as well.

Under normal situation where the content is served with the right Content-Encoding header the browser itself will take care of the decompression, but in this case we rely upon Unity fallback option which embeds an additional JS decompressor in the build which takes care of decompressing the build at run-time. This results in slight overhead in the hosting process which can be optimized further, but regrettably isn’t on our priority at the moment.

For the most part you can ignore this message, otherwise do reach out to us via support channel to see if we can work this out for your specific use case. Hope that helps in clarifying.

Regards,

Hello,

I do have the setup of Brotli and Decompression fallback but wouldn’t it be beneficial as you said to just have all the Content Encoders on your server to take the load off? Granted I know nothing when it comes to web dev and Content Encoders besides what I read here: Content-Encoding - HTTP | MDN

Now I’m left wondering if my load time can be cut in half (or more, I don’t know how dramatic the change might be) for my project as to get customers in as quick as possible (we all hate load times) to the main AR content!

Should I just email you guys about this then I guess?

Thanks,
crafTDev