Can you size and position content to fit exactly over a tracking image?

I am rather new to Designer, so I am not sure if there is indeed a way to do what I am trying to accomplish.

Simply, I am trying to make an image appear to come to life. To do this what I’ve done is I’ve taken a video, and pulled the first frame of the video to become a tracking image. In designer I placed the video over the tracking image. This proved to be a bit tedious because the video was a different size than the tracking image. So I had to place and size the video to match the trigger image manually.

I was able to come close, but I could never seem to get the two to match exactly.

Which brings me to my question. Is there a way to snap and resize videos to fit exactly over the tracking image in Designer?

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

thanks!

1 Like

Hi There,

The easiest way to scale content uniformly is to use the grid functionality of the Designer tool.

In this case, you’ll want to position and scale the grid so that it matches up with your tracking image and then you can scale your content to it by enabling the ‘Snap to grid’ option.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Mark

I will definitely play around a bit more with the grid then. Though I do think that this would be a great feature to add.

Thanks for the help!

I have also added this as a feature request, definitely a nice bit of functionality to have :slight_smile: