Can not import 3D After Recent Update

fbx and obj import were working great until recent update. Previously imported models still work but not new imports… anybody else seeing this. Thanks!

Since Studio 5, we also see bugs in POD import, even on simple planes created in Maya.
After importing the pod (and its texture), the object appears in the “Symbol Definitions” area, but it is often underlined in red (which means “problem”).
The workaround is easy : double-click on that symbol, then click on its name on top of the window to get back to standard view.

Hey @order,

We received your support ticket and have replied through that channel.

I’ll post any relevant updates to the issue back on this thread.

All the best,
Seb

I am having the same issue as 'order". A POD file imported perfectly before update and now trying to bring that same file in to the updated software I am prompted to name the file etc but once completed I only get a blank screen. Is there any additional information since last post.

Thanks

Hi @luke,

Sometimes when importing objects, if you keep the material import settings as the standard ‘Unit Material’ then the object does not appear in the preview and when fully imported.

It may help if you change the material that is being used to one of the other settings:
• Standard Lighting Material
• Toon Material
• Physically based rendering material

When you get to the import 3D screen do you see a preview of the object or is it blank?

Thanks,

George

Hi George,

Changing the material to Physically Based has fixed the issue.

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hi George, I tried to import an obj model from Google Poly. All I see is 38%20PM What am I doing wrong? this is the model: https://poly.google.com/view/bf6_h_1wp2D and also how do you change the import settings?

Hi @sunflowerchocolate,

Please see my reply on your other comment:

All the best,
Seb

Hey, I work on an ArcScene program about 3d mapping using DEM data and then combine it with shapefile of an area. then i export it out which ArcScene only can export in .wrl format. So then i use 3dsmax to export that model again in .obj format and .fbx format that work with zappar studio. Then i follow every instructions of how to import a 3d model. i can import it successfully along with the texture but all i can see is a black screen. i really dont know why and i really need help
ps. this is the picture of my model on 3ds max (well i dont know how to upload a picture, it keep saying unidentified method)

Hi @paobunjin_s,

When you imported your 3D model to ZapWorks Studio, did you choose to import it with one of our lighting materials by any chance?

If so, these models require a light be added to the project in order to be visible, as the materials are reacting to light in the scene.

You can check out our Lighting documentation for more information.

However, if your model was using an Unlit Material it may be an issue with the textures themselves.

If you’re still having issues with the 3D model could you please send it over to support@zappar.com, along with your texture files?

Thanks,
Seb

well, i chose “physically based rendering material” and the preview shows nothing. No matter what kind of material i choose, it just shows a blank grayish black screen on the right. After i click finish and double click on the model in the symbol definition. it shows nothing either.
p.s how to post a picture? when i do it i got denied and it just show “undefined method `etag=’ for #”

Hi @paobunjin_s,

It could be a number of things causing this, from a lack of textures (or incorrectly exported textures), to the scale/position of the model set during import.

Could you send your model through to support@zappar.com for us to take a closer look at please?

Thanks,
Seb

1 Like

hi there, i have the link to all my model objects down here, after i import it into the studio it doesn’t show anything. I don’t know what to do.

the name of the 3d files are “gicminicenter” and “topominicenter”

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JnyY6VjC9dYTrtHc80f8R1JmXjmBiDK7

Hi @paobunjin_s,

Looks like Jean managed to find the issue over on your other thread.

All the best,
Seb