Camera Feed freezes on iPad pro iOS 14.2

Hi I am creating a WebAR app using ZapWorks studio and have run into an issue where my camera feed freezes a few frames after the unlocking animation completes, I have experienced this on an iPad Pro which is using iOS 14.2, I have tested this on an iPhone running 14.2 and another running 13.5 and all seems fine, I have even created a blank test project just incase it was a bug I introduced but even this freezes a few frames after launching.

I have noticed if I press the menu button on the toolbar and then close the menu that the camera updates the frame and then freezes again. I can also tell that the app is not completely crashing as I tested this by auto starting the sequence through code rather than on detecting an image tracker and I was able to get the entire way through to the end of the experience so it just seems to be that the camera is not working. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated I am unable to tell if this is a problem on earlier iPad iOS versions as this is the only iPad I currently have access to.

Thanks in advance

Is anyone able to help with this at all? It seems like nobody is active on this forum anymore? I’ve asked a couple of separate questions and have gotten no replies.

Hi @dev2,

Thank you for reporting this. We are going to do some testing on an iPad running iOS 14.2 and get back to you!

I’ll post our findings on this thread.

George

Hi @dev2,

Can I just check, are you launching the experience to web.zappar.com?

George

Hi @dev2 :blush:

Just to let you know - we’ve been carrying out some testing as @George has mentioned and have been cracking down on this issue.

I’m very happy to say that this morning we were able to apply a fix for web.zappar.com, so you should no longer have difficulty viewing your experiences in WebAR when using an up to date iPad Pro! :tada:

Happy creating,

Francesca

Hi @Francesca @George, apologies I missed the reply yesterday, I was using web.zappar.com, just tested the experience and it no longer freezes on start, thank you very much for the help! Not sure if I need to start a new topic for this but I just noticed right now after running my iPad experience that the snapshot feature just shows a black image, I had been able to test this on iPhone and android before this morning with help from my colleagues and it wasn’t an issue, wondering if this is another 14.2 issue?