Black Screen Issue

Our team are definitely looking into it and we’ll be sure to report back as soon as we have new information to share.

@stevesanerd - if you’ve encountered some bugs, a list would also be super useful for us to take a look at, appreciated.

2 Likes

Happened to me as well. Two hours of work gone :sweat_smile:
animation_3Buttons_ERR.zpp (18.1 MB)

1 Like

Did you upload any of your code to one of your zapcodes? Not the preview one. If so you can go online and download it from zappar.

Steve

2 Likes

Hi @wika90,

The black screen issue arises when there is a problem with the project.

For your ZPP, the issue is because the background.png1 object is set to be relative to itself, which for obvious reasons will cause errors.

Please remove this property and re-open the project.

Let me know if this solves the problem.

George

3 Likes

Thank you, so much! one miss-click crashed the whole thing :slight_smile:

Also, good to know that if something like this happens, one has to look for stupid mistakes!

I am really happy with the level of your support! It’s really comprehensive :grinning:

4 Likes

So I had the same issue here multiple times when accidentally referencing something to itself. I could solve it by referencing it to something different and then restarting ZapWorks studio.

It should not be possible to reference something to itself especially when this causes an error where it is not really obvious what causes the error, so I would ask for a new feature to implement to don’t allow self-referencing - if there is not a reason to make this. It would prevent people getting frustrated as this topic show :slight_smile:.

3 Likes