Best Practice | Multiple Zapcodes, but single unique user experience

I am curious on the best way to build the experience. We have a large physical model (multiple meters across) that we want to overlay content using Zappar. Think something like museum or educational experience. I want to create a single experience, but it doesn’t need to be linked. Instead it needs to properly orient the experience based on the side of the model you are on. If you scan on the North side the scan point is the origin and the experience is moved South. Scan the South side the scan point is the origin and the experience is moved North.

I am currently using Extended Tracking due to the size and the inability to keep the scan code in view. I want to build the experience and interaction as a single experience, but use the different zap codes to orient based on the initial scan.

I was thinking deep linking, but would that would with Extended tracking? I was also thinking about saving the experience as a zpp and loading it into the coded experience, but need to make sure features like raycasting and touch interaction are working.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Eric

I would look in to Raycaster and Trigger Region. You can set up hot spots with Trigger Regions and then use a Raycaster from the camera to change things.

https://docs.zap.works/studio/physics/

Steve

Thanks @stevesanerd I already have Raycasting setup for the “master” project and everything is working as expected. I am using PhotoSpheres so I can have more of a 3d area for cast hitting for objects close to each other. Billboards didn’t work well as if you get them overlapped it is hard to hit anything, but the object closest to the camera. I am using this to trigger the hotspots code to show information or show UI components that require user interaction. So not sure how or why I would use Trigger Regions.

The big thing I am trying to figure out is how do I make and update this master project once, while using it with multiple Zap codes. I will need to use this project with Zap codes that are placed on the North and South of the model (and possibly East and West). So my initial idea was build for one (I started with the South code) and duplicate the project and offset. This works until changes are needed and there are currently 17 interactable objects with codes, tags, etc.

So can I have the master project imported as a sub-symbol with all the Raycasting and interaction in there and then in the projects that have the Extended Tracking Zap Codes use the imported .zpp? Or will I need to update my code or bring the Raycasting and UI into the projects with the Zap Codes?

Hope that clears it up.
-Eric