Analytics: TotalTime vs TotalTimeSamples

When downloading the full Zap analytics, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the TotalTime column and the TotalTimeSamples column?

Hi Lisa,

The TotalTime value is the total time spent across all zapcodes by your users. The TotalTimeSamples value is the sample size used to collect the previous data.

TotalTimeSamples varies from TotalScans in that, not all devices manage to report when an experience ends correctly so the sample size used will not necessarily be equal to the total scans data.

Number of people who actually have the experience >= TotalScans >= TotalTimeSamples

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

All the best,
Seb

Hi @Seb I hope you’re doing well.

I’m busy setting up a Client Campaign Dashboard using the csv data exports (and combining other data) and also have a question around this:

How do I interpret the Total Time units I see in the csv back into the average Dwell Time & Total Dwell Time we see on the Zappar analytics dashboard?

regards
Johan

Hi Johan,

I’d recommend you read the following paragraph (we’re going to release updated analytics documentation in the future):

The column TotalTime is calculated from Average Dwell Time Per User (also known as simply Dwell Time or Average Dwell Time) times by the column TotalNum.

The Average Dwell Time Per User for a project, group or workspace is calculated by dividing the TotalTime column by the TotalTimeSamples column.

TotalTime is the Total Dwell Time spent across a workspace, group of projects or a project.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Bob