Analysing your tracking image

Hello guys!
I can not load a tracking image into Analytics your tracking image
We have a problem!

1 Like

Hi There,

We had a momentary issue with tracking image uploading but it should now be resolved.

Let us know if you run into any other issues with it.

Regards,

Mark

1 Like

I am having this problem as well. The tracking image continues to get stuck in “Analysing”, I have tried different images, different sizes, different projects. etc. Please help, this project was supposed to be due tomorrow, but will have to be pushed back.
41%20PM

Hi @multimedia,

We were experiencing a few minor issues with ZapWorks earlier but these have now been resolved. Please try and re-upload the tracking image.

If the issue persists please let me know.

All the best,
Seb

1 Like

I had this problem last night (EST) as well. But this afternoon, I was able to use it fine, and I was able to evaluate my tracking image, which was listed as really good with 90% of the area showing a green-best.

Despite my really good tracking image, my 3D model, which sits atop the image, bobbles around a lot.

Is this due to a similar recent issue, or is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks!

Hey @shawnjoh,

The kind of jitter you’ve described is usually caused by poor tracking quality due to the tracking image used.

The tracking image analysis is just a guide, and at times may not be indicative of the final tracking quality, so we always suggest thorough testing with multiple versions of a target image.

Tracking image quality was discussed over on this thread:

Our video on What makes a good tracking image? should also come in handy.

All the best,
Seb

Hey @Seb I have done a lot of experimenting this week and weekend with different images,including a dollar bill image, and I still get wobble. I’ve read every little bit of documentation you have on the issue, I promise :slight_smile:

The same model, with the original tracking image, stays perfectly still in another AR platform, however it does not have access to the PBR materials, which my model uses and other awesome features that Zappar has.

Can you supply me with a graphic here that you feel is one of the very best? And then I will try it to see if there is wobble.

Thanks!

If we have a graphic available to us that is a really good tracking image, as per Zappar standards, then we can use it to test to see if it is indeed possible to improve our own tracking image.

Is such a thing currently available - or can it be made?

Hello,

I’m having this problem too, for a deadline tomorrow.

Will this be resolved soon?

Thanks!

And me too - analysing is getting stuck near the end…advice welcomed - thanks!

thankx for sharing its helpful

Has there been any fix for this? I am still having the issue of it getting stuck in analysing. Please help! I’ve tried multiple styles of images and they all seem to stop just before finishing the analysis.

Hi there,

Just letting you know that we were able to identify a wider problem which caused tracking images to be stuck at the analysing stage among issues with previewing at around 18:00 BST on July 21. We was able to resolve the issue shortly after; re-uploading your tracking image should now resolve your issue :slight_smile:

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Bob

Hi there, I am experiencing issues described above. No matter what browser, I am unable to load tracking picture nor an image as it gets stuck shortly before the Analysis bar is finished. Any hints, please? Thanks. Michal

Hi @stancik,

I’ve replied to this issue here.

I’ll update that thread when we have some more information.

George

I’ve been having the same issue since yesterday - stuck on the last bit of the ‘analysing’ bar. Anything I can do?

I have also now been stuck on the analyzing tracking image. Please look into this.

Hi @bkeys,

It looks like the analysing process is working ok for me and we haven’t had any other reports. Can you make sure your tracking image adheres to the correct rules and that you are using a support browser (not IE).

George

I’m having the same issue and the link above leads to a 404 error. Is there any recent fix? I’m supposed to turn in this assignment tonight but I’ve been getting stuck on analyzing every time I try since yesterday.

Hi @madisonmacf,

Please make sure your image is:

• JPEG or PNG.
  • at least 250 pixels but not larger than 2048 pixels, in either dimension
  • image colour space must be set to RGB

Please add the image you are having troubles with on this thread and we can take a look to try and work out why it’s not uploading / training for you.

George