Adding buttons to a project with Photo Sphere

Is it possible to add UI elements inside a project with Photo Sphere? I would like to make a project where the user can look around the environment and click on entities within the environment. Do I need to use HeadsetManager for this?

Hi There,

It is indeed possible, it’s something we’ve discussed in a similar thread along with some example projects - Gyro-oriented experience

Mark

Thanks! I see what I was doing wrong now.

Would you care to share what you were attempting to do previously? It’s useful for us to know the pitfalls that people are coming up against with the platform :slight_smile:

Yes, I wasn’t sure what to parent the UI objects to. Also, I’ve found that I can’t bring in an image and use it as a UI element, but if I clone a plane and set the image as its material, that works.

While setting the material of a blank plane object to that of an image is a totally acceptable method, dragging an image directly into the Hierarchy from the Media Library should automatically create a plane node with the material set to that of the image.

If this isn’t the case for you please let us know what happens when trying to do so.

I think I’m just doing it wrong when rotating and scaling, which makes me think that the image isn’t importing. Sometimes it’s either too small to see or rotated backwards, which leads me to believe it isn’t visible.

Not to worry, positioning within a gyro environment can be tricky. If you can get one plane into the right position then there’s no harm in duplicating it and changing the material :slight_smile: