Ability to change background in selfie?

Hi everyone, does anyone know of a way to change the background in a selfie? It would require masking out the body - which I don’t think Studio has the capability of doing, but thought I’d check to see if anyone has figured out a way to do it.

Here’s an example of a filter in Instagram:

No not yet. I have been playing with this as well. the best you can do is cut out the persons head.

See this post.
https://forum.zap.works/t/masks-in-the-face-tracking/4210

Steve

Hi @joel,

This is a functionality called ‘Background Segmentation’ which Studio does not currently support. The closest solution in ZapWorks Studio would be the face masking, which was shared by @stevesanerd :rocket:

You can however combine multiple libraries with the Universal AR SDKs. If you like a challenge, you may want to find a third party library which supports background segmentation and see what works!

Have a great day,
Francesca :blush:

1 Like

To change the background in a selfie and mask out the body, you can use various photo editing software or apps that offer advanced editing capabilities. While I can provide a general guideline, it’s important to note that the specific steps may vary depending on the software or app you choose to use.