404 error in Universal AR on Zap Works hosting

Hi, I made a web AR using a-frame and universal AR (version 0.2.3 CDN).
Local test is very good, but hosting on Zap Works test is wrong by 404 error.

I saw some topic about this, my problem is also “The specified key does not exist.”.

How can I recover from this problem?
Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

The most likely reason for this is not having an index.html in the root of the files you upload. If you use the ZapWorks CLI then that will give you a warning if you are missing this file.

If you upload a zip instead, then make sure there are no unwanted folders in the zip - for example if you select a folder containing your files to compress, it’s possible the zip file will also include that unwanted folder so index.html will not be at the root.

We’ll add some tasks to make some improvements here - we should be able to detect the “unwanted folder” case and cope with that automatically, and we can also add better warnings if you upload a zip without the index.html in the right place.

3 Likes

Thanks Simon.

The reason it didn’t work, as you said, because there was no index.html in the root.
It is working correctly now!

Your Universal AR is very GOOD!

3 Likes

Glad it helped, and glad you’re enjoying Universal AR! :blush:

1 Like

Hi there. I’m facing a similar issue but I do have an index.html file in the root of the directory.

I do however have folders at the same level for scripts, assets and styles. It seems that once uploaded to Zap works, the scripts folder is missing and the index.html file is in a separate generated folder.

Is it required to have all assets at the root level ?

I’m using the CLI upload command : zapworks publish --project=“MY_PROJECT_ID” --version=“0.1.3” --dir out

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @rob.southgate,

That’s certainly a conundrum you have there! Would you be using the webpack set up by any chance?

Your initial file structure sounds fine, so I’m wondering if it’s being bundled it up in a strange way. Usually, when we run a command like npm run build in our bootstrap webpack projects, it won’t create folders in your distributable folder unless you’ve told it to in your webpack config; for example using something like CopyWebpackPlugin. As long as your files and folders from the src folder have been copied over appropriately to the dist folder, you should be fine.

Happy for you to send us your project at support@zappar.com and I can have a little nosey for you!

Have a great day!
Francesca :blush:

Hi Francesca,

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Yes we are using CopyWebpackPlugin which is required for how we structure our three.js projects. My build folder is called ‘out’ and it is building correctly. I’ve ran a local server on this same directory and all is working fine.

I’ll send over a version of the built files if you don’t mind having a little look :slight_smile:

Thanks

Rob

1 Like

Hi @rob.southgate,

That’s great! I’ll have a look at your ticket and will suss things out for you. :nerd_face:

I’ll also respond to this thread once we find a solution so that we can help others troubleshoot! :zap:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

As promised, here’s what we found out - the issue actually was webpack related!

It turns out that in one of the webpack.config files, the asset path was looking for a folder which was not included once the project had been built.

We’ll all be checking our webpack configs more closely now - hopefully this was helpful!

Have a great day,

1 Like

Hi !
I have the same problem with 404 content not found. Last week, the link was working, but I just uploaded a new version and even after clicking the publish button and the success message appears, my AR page appears with a “404 - Content not found - Sorry, content AR you are looking for may not have been released yet”. Even when I try to reupload my previous version that worked the page still displays a 404 error.
(Im using the Unity SDK)

I don’t know what to do… Does anyone have a suggestion?