3D model textures missing when publishing a project

Hi

I am new to using ZapWorks Studio and have an issue when publishing a project. When using preview with a Zapcode in the Zapper app the textures for our animated GLB 3D models and MP4 video are working in the scene, lit and animating fine. However, when I publish the project and use the WebAR QR code the video appears but the JPEG textures are all missing from the models (see before and after image below).

I have applied all the best practises documents and followed tutorials for the correct texture file types and reduced sizes but still don’t know why the textures aren’t appearing. Is there a publish setting I am missing?

Could someone help point me in the right direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

Hi @jbartlett.phygital,

I have a feeling this might be a glb bug in the browser. Can you please share the 3D model you are using on this thread, or if you’d prefer, send it over to support@zappar.com where we can take a look.

George

Hi George

Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I have sent the 3d models via support.

Cheers
Jason

Hi George and J,
I’ve been having a similar issue frequently on objects imported from Sketchfab, opened through webAR on my Droid. The objects show up just fine on my iPhone but not on my Droid. This is occuring for about 90% of what I import from Sketchfab. I’ve noticed this for the past six months as a Zappar user but now I’m on the programing side and I can’t figure it out. Thanks for all the great videos and help along the way!

Jason

Hi @jpercival.8,

I’ve replied directly to your support request. I’ll copy over the response here once we’ve concluded.

George

Hi @George !
I have the same issue. My model looks great in Studio but when I publish it all the textures are black. Have you solved this yet?

Thanks a lot!
Carine

Hi @Caelestis,

Can you please send the 3D model file / Studio project file to support@zappar.com? One of the team will take a look and send over some more information on how to resolve this issue.

As a quick workaround - if you are using a glb file, you can try exporting it as a different format (glTF, obj, fbx) and see if that fixes it.

George

Hello. The same problem after publication is not present the texture in model.Then, I make attempts and use the model in fbx. And then the devil- the model is normal in the program, on sketchfab. And when transferred to Zappar Studio, it is divided into 2 parts…And how to solve it?

:slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face:
In fact, I can’t use models in fbx. And I can’t use it without texture either. :cold_face: