3D model has disappeared when using WebAR

Hello! I have an issue where an animated 3D model doesn’t appear in WebAR but works as normal when opened with the zappar app. It is a photosphere project that has an animated model moving along a bezier circle around the user. Has anyone else had this problem or know what could be causing this?

Hi @zaefyra,

I know Safari can sometimes have some troubles with glb files. I’d recommend trying to export your model in a different file format and seeing if this solves the problem.

If you are still having issues, feel free to send the model or ZPP to support@zappar.com, where one of the team will be happy to help.

George

A few of my projects no longer worked when I upgraded to iOS14 with the same issue. I just recreated the project from scratch for the model to appear in the “new” project. It seems iOS14 WebAR doesn’t like STL or GLB/GLTF Files

Edit: I should add, I know STL and GLB/GLTF isn’t the official “supported” format. However, these are the only two file types that successfully import into studio, even prior to the iOS14 issue. Please don’t come at me for that fact.

Thanks for your responses :slight_smile: I figured out the problem last night. It was actually the POD format that web AR doesn’t like. Once I converted the model to an fbx, it displayed fine when launched with web AR. Maybe there should be a mention of this somewhere within the documentation as it is supposed to be one of the supported file types.

2 Likes