2D images z-rotation disable?

Hi! This would be quite basic, but is there a way to disable z-rotation in a 3D-photo images in Studio? I´m using 2D-images and no neef of z-rotation.

Also how would I change visible images with a button press? (just trying to play with code but still not yet figured it out)

The idea is to make an photo shooting experience, where user can change visible image with a press of an button.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi there,

Could you please give us some more info on what you’re looking to do with 3D-photo images?

To show/hide images when pressing a button, you can use states that you activate in the button’s pointerdown script.

Please, find more information about states in the Controllers and States article and feel free to read the Creating Buttons article to learn more about buttons/pointerdown scripts.

I hope this will help! :slight_smile:

Margaux

1 Like

Hi,
Just came across this post and I’m trying to do the same thing in regards to using a 2D image instead of a 3D model.
A 3D model is fine to rotate on all axis but a 2D image disappears when you rotate too far to the left or right or forwards or backwards. So is there a way to disable the rotation of the 2D image on certain axis?

Or can this whole scenario be done in designer? I couldn’t see how to set up the camera/share or the other buttons that are in the 3D version.

1 Like

Hi There,

We actually have a version of the 3D photo feature that works with 2D images (removes the rotation element). We’re looking to add it as a subsymbol template into Studio but in the meantime, you can find it here - photofeature2D.zpp (2.1 MB)

If you import it as a subsymbol you can then use it the same as the 3D version.

Cheers,
Mark

2 Likes

Fantastic…I’ll take a look. Thanks

1 Like