When are zapboxes arriving?

Hey, I ordered two developer bundles but have not received anything as yet. When should these be landing?

Hey Frans,

An update just went out on the Kickstarter yesterday :slight_smile:

Mark

Thanks Mark, seems like things are a bit delayed, but comin soon anyways!

Watching the unboxing video of the Zapbox, I keep thinking, "How can they do all this for $30!!!..

Many years ago in a Systems Design course,one of our textbooks was Architecture for the Poor by Hassan Fathay.

Here is a description of that book…

Architecture for the Poor describes Hassan Fathy’s plan for building the village of New Gourna, near Luxor, Egypt, without the use of more modern and expensive materials such as steel and concrete. Using mud bricks, the native technique that Fathy learned in Nubia, and such traditional Egyptian architectural designs as enclosed courtyards and vaulted roofing, Fathy worked with the villagers to tailor his designs to their needs.

I was very impressed what Fathay did. By use of design that worked with natural principals, he was able to create houses that kept people cooler through passive cooling design, without the need to resort to active air conditioning cooling

I put on a Sony VR headset yesterday and was quite impressed by both the game that it ran, and the way that it’s physical electronic controller appeared in VR when I put the headset on. The salesman told me a price for the system, if I heard understood him properly. The setup that he was demonstrating would have cost me over $1,000. I showed him your Kickstarter video, told him it was $30, and he understood how cool this was to be able to do what your doing.

Seeing the Zapbox unboxing, I am quite impressed by what I have seen you guys have done by understanding natural design with a minimal amount of electronics.

Yesterday, I also watched a video on the Cuttlefish, millions of years before we created LED screens using microelectronics , this fish evolved into being "an organic full color LED screen. "

What marvels me about the physical Zapbox is your use of design principals that are closer to what Fathy and the cuttlefish are, then to what the Sony VR headset is.

2 Likes