What components shall I use?

Hi guys,

I want to understand which components of the studio do I need to use to do an AR like this one.

If you have any project/tutorial to understand how will be great!!

Thanks

2 Likes

They are using zapbox but it’s just a mask and a photo sphere.
augmented-portal for the mask part
panorama for photo sphere

Steve

1 Like

Hi @guillermo.velasco,

Thanks for the question :slight_smile:

So this is actually using a brand new tool that is coming to our newest version of Studio, Studio 6!

It utilises world tracking and allows objects to be placed into a real-world scene making it seem as if it is really there!

@stevesanerd is correct in saying that the photosphere is being used for when the user walks through the door, with a few 3D models added in to give a realistic feel (the flags in the New York scene for instance).

With the release of Studio 6, will additionally mean the release of brand new tutorials and documentation! These will include an explanation on how to create experiences much like the New York/Hong Kong project developed for Lufthansa.

Please keep an eye out for this highly anticipated update as it should be here towards the end of the year! In the meantime, we will keep you updated on the forum :slight_smile:

All the best,

George

5 Likes

COOL!!! Real world tracking can’t wait!!!

Steve

1 Like

Thanks guys for your replies,

Awesome, I’m going to be waiting for that new cool feature. :metal:

1 Like

I’ve been so very excited about this for a few weeks now. SO excited. I can’t wait! I’ve already been creating a studio file and assets that will hopefully be able to be used with this world tracking.

Is this a Christmas present? Or perhaps sooner? pant pant pant

Thoughts and questions …

Will we be able to anchor the experience in a predetermined spot, rather than allowing the user to place the start where they like? I guess this would be like sticking one zap code to the floor. I think this ability will be good for group experiences where everyone is seeing the same virtual space inside of the same physical space. Also, it would be good in situations where you want to use a particular physical space, and want to avoid users from overlapping the wall with the virtual space.

Will users be able to walk outside of the 3d space? In the demos you’ve provided, for example, would someone be able to walk off the edge of the balcony into the air? Or is there a way to stop this from happening?

I was thinking that if the user’s position can be detected to overlap a thing … a plane … a 3d object … then something could be made to happen (ie. the user is reset … or something “bad” is made to happen in the case of a game, if the user walks off the intended path).

1 Like

Hi @shawnjoh,

Glad to hear you are as excited as us for the release! We do not have a set date at the moment as we are still in development but will be posting regular updates on the forum so keep an eye on that.

Regarding anchoring the experience to a predetermined spot - it seems as though it would actually be better to use a target image. Using a target would mean that if multiple users were to be looking at the experience from different angles, they would all see the same relative to the target.

Within a world tracking experience, trigger regions can be positioned in the scene as well as a collider on the user’s screen. Once the trigger region is entered it will activate a triggerenter event which can then, in turn, initiate the user position to be reset/“bad thing to happen”. :slight_smile:

We are looking forward to seeing what can be created using world tracking as we know our users never fail to impress us!

Hope this helps,

George

1 Like

Hi George,
I supposed the Walmart App (https://twitter.com/i/status/1070331133567614981) was made using these new features, soon available with Studio 6? :smile:

Oh, BTW, I have also noticed a demo with a racing helmet in your promo video… face recognition???:stuck_out_tongue:
Cheers,

1 Like

I was told there will be face recognition!! Hope soon…

Steve

1 Like

Great news,

Using a tracking image / Triggerenter - yay! That works.

Excellent! I just noticed Version 6 is here. So excited - do we have this ability now? To track a device’s location such that a person can walk through a scene?

2 Likes

I am interested in finding the answer to this as well.

1 Like

With the new 6.5 world tracking you can!!

Steve

1 Like

I’ve been looking to find a tutorial how, but can’t seem to figure it out… any help would be great!!!

I am trying to do a portal. I have a door and the photosphere behind the door and a mask but I don’t want the mask to make the real world disappear. I still want to see the real world.
Any ideas?
Thanks

1 Like

From what point? Look to the mask or from the inside of the photosphere?

Steve

Thanks Steve. I would like to do this as the zappar example.

So I have a door and photosphere behind the door. This in to give the illusion only then when I go in I will just do a transition to be inside.
So as you can see the mask covers all the real world, which I don’t want to. All the white around is the real mask. 31

If I turn the mask off you can see how I set this up:41

So,my question is how can I just mask the door area without masking the rest?
Any help appreciated :wink: Thank you

I can cheat by using a image behind the door but I want to give the depth experience

So are both photos from inside zapworks?
What does it look like when you test it?
Is your mask white or transparent?

Just some questions.
Steve

Turn your mask to full 3D in layer mode then set the mask transparency to 0 in color. I had to watch the masking tutorial again to remember that step.

1 Like

I was thing the same things.

Steve