Tracking Image > Saying Zapcode not found

I’m new to Zappar, and have a couple questions about the tracking image.

When I uploaded my tracking image, it gave me a warning that no Zapcode was found, even though there was one. The Zapcode is just under one cm in diameter, which is much larger than the 7mm minimum suggested. Does it matter that I set the (interior) colour of the Zapcode to be the same as the background its on? Here is a screenshot of a portion of the tracking image (it’s a poster), showing where the Zapcode is located.

While working in the Designer editor, I happened to notice that where you click to edit the tracking image, instead of showing a portion of my tracking image it had an error icon and said there was an error with the tracking image and when I clicked on it, it made me re-upload it. I did, and it seemed fine for a bit, but then it happened again and I had to re-upload once again. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong to cause this?

Thanks!
Mark

Hi Mark,

The tracking image analysis isn’t quite as accurate as the app’s tracking ability so sometimes it may not be able to pick up the zapcode but the tracking image is likely to still work fine. The best thing to do is to use the image and then preview it to test and see if the tracking works well.

The only time there’s likely to be an issue with the tracking image is if the wrong code is detected on the tracking image. So if you attach a zapcode to a tracking image and upload it to another code’s experience, then you will get an error message stating it was the wrong code found.

If you don’t believe this is the issue you’re running into feel free to share with us a link to the zapcode URL where you’re experiencing this issue.

Mark

Thanks Mark. Thanks for that explanation, I had a feeling that might be the case since it does seem to work fine when published despite the warning.

Still not sure what would have been causing the tracking image to disappear on me those two times…but if it happens again, I’ll let you know.

Thanks!
Mark