Support for Multiple Targets

All a learning curve, Jason - sure you’ll get there with it. Know everyone here will help out however we can :).

Thanks a lot James, really appreciate it. Seems like a nice community.

So im still working on it. Im stuck at the root stage of this.

function myRepeatingFunction() {
var imageSeen1 = symbol.nodes.Track1.nodes.Script.getStatus();
var imageSeen2 = symbol.nodes.Track2.nodes.Script.getStatus();

}

Z.every(2000, myRepeatingFunction);

Any more help would be great.

Thanks all.
Jason

1 - First, the sub symbols are not added to the hierarchy, but loaded dynamically.

var trackingImageDisplayed = Z.Symbol(« symbol_1_name »);
symbol.nodes.trackingImagesGroup.push(trackingImageDisplayed);

2 - Then call your repeating function to check if the loaded symbol is seen or not:

var trackingImageFound = trackingImageDisplayed.nodes.code.getStatus();
     if (trackingImageFound ) { ... }

3 - If not, then you unload the current symbol, by clearing its parent group:

symbol.nodes.trackingImages.clear();

4 - Now, you can load the next one… ( goto 1 :grin: )

The whole process is not complicated, but for sure it’s easier is you are comfortable in JS.
May be you should try first to dynamically load then unload a symbol.

Jean.

Just posted my code for my Multi Tracking Image.

Enjoy!!
Steve

Hey Steve this is great! Thank you! The page seems to not be loading correctly though. Having trouble downloading.

Sorry fixed link.

http://rentanerdcomputers.com/wp-content/uploads/ZapWorks/Multi%20Tracking%20Image.zpp

Thank you Steve for sharing! :grin::+1:

I was wondering if there’s any news about this implementation? Seems kind of crucial to a lot of experiences.

This thread has been super-helpful already, many thanks to everyone contributing!

Hi @polygongraphics,

While our API has supported multi-tracked experiences for quite a while (hence why experiences such as the one mentioned on this thread are possible), Studio does not currently have native support for creating these types of experiences. Whether it’s something we want to add to our roadmap, and how it would be achieved if it were, are still part of ongoing internal discussions.

As mentioned by George in his post above, the recommended method to link between multiple experiences is to use deep links. Using deep links you can launch a second experience from your first experience.

Once we have some more information to share on the matter, you can be sure we’ll share it with you all on this thread.

All the best,
Seb

P.S. I’ve moved your second question regarding recognising a target image’s size to a new topic, and we’ll be replying there shortly.

As a note to everyone, please remember to keep your comments directly related to the thread’s topic, as it avoids important discussion being lost in the midst of other separate requests/topics.

Thanks again everyone :slight_smile:.