Not working on Samsung Note 8

Very slow and not able to calibrate lens neither map. Video goes frame by frame, completely unusable.

Hi @manish.shanker81,

Could you please send an email to support@zappar.com with a description and screenshot/recording of the issue you’re experiencing.

Please also attach your project’s zpp file for us to have a closer look at.

Thanks,
Seb

Hi,

I had some email from Simon but no luck. The app doesn’t seem to work properly on Samsung flagship device Note 8. The camera capture is 1 frame per 3 second and very slow, that it is completely unusable on it. I paid for it to experiment, but seems like it is just not working due to fault in the app.

Please advise.

Hi @manish.shanker81,

I don’t believe we’ve received an email with the information requested above yet.

Could you please send this through to support@zappar.com for us to take a closer look at.

If you have a recording of the experience as it displays on your device this would also be helpful.

If you’re testing a ZapBox project you’ve created yourself please send this through as well.

Thanks,
Seb

Hi,

I received a response from Simon recently. Hope to see an update soon to resolve this.

Hi Manish,

I posted an update on the challenges and progress last week on the comments on the Kickstarter page (it is quite technical):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/713418541/zapbox-experience-mixed-reality-for-just-30/comments

I’m continuing to work on improving the android performance.

I have a small test app for investigating the camera performance - it doesn’t do any processing, but just grabs the camera frames and then renders them using the GPU. On my Samsung devices here (S6 and S8) we get very solid 60 fps performance. Can you try running it on your Note 8 and see if it works the same for you too?

You can download it from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dy6vjbqc5nydwr8/camera1test.apk

Thanks

Any update on fix? It is completely unusable on Note 8.

Hi @manish.shanker81,

Hope you’re well.

Simon sent you an email not long ago with some answers to the questions you’d sent through to support.

If you’re having trouble viewing the email, or it hasn’t come through yet please let me know.

All the best,
Seb

Tested camera1test.apk on Galaxy Note 8 and works very well.

On mine too. Now just waiting for an app update to get it working.

hey guys for me it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

Hi @appspopo7,

You are correct in thinking that there is a bug for Android devices running Zap Box on the operating system 7.1.1.

We have tested our device running this same operating system and it also crashes on start up. As of now there is no fix, however, we have a new update that is to be released for Android very soon which we are hoping could remove this bug.

So keep an eye out for the update :slight_smile:

Thanks,

George