ZapWorks Halloween Competition Rules
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Zappar Limited (“Zappar”). Our correspondence address is Barley Mow Centre, 10 Barley Mow Passage, London W4 4PH. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms & conditions.
- The competition is only open to personal users of ZapWorks. You will need to purchase an additional zapcode to enter the competition, if you have used your free one. If you are under the age of 13 please ask your parent or guardian for permission before entering the competition.
- Your are free to enter as many times as you wish, but please be aware that each entry will require a new zapcode.
- The competition is not directed to citizens of countries or states where its promotion or operation is illegal or unlawful, and such persons are not eligible to enter. Competition entries are void where prohibited by your country of residence. We also reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms & conditions.
There are a total of three prizes to be won. These are as follows:
- 1st prize will receive *$500 (or *equivalent amount in their chosen currency) + free ZapBox
- 2nd prize will receive $250 (or *equivalent amount in their chosen currency) + free ZapBox
- 3rd prize will receive $100 (or *equivalent amount in their chosen currency) + free ZapBox
*currency conversion rates will be finalised on the day of transfer and are at the discretion of Zappar
*the full amount will be paid into the beneficiaries bank account within 30 days of the competition close date
*No cash alternative will be offered for the free ZapBox
Start and Closing Dates
- The competition starts on Wednesday 4th October at 00:01 UK Time.
- Your competition entry must be submitted by 23:59 UK Time on Sunday 29th October 2017 to the following forum page: Competition Submissions (FINAL)
The winners (1st place, 2nd place & 3rd place) will be selected and announced on Tuesday 31st October 2017 on Zappar’s web properties (www.zappar.com, zap.works, docs.zap.works, my.zap.works & forum.zap.works) , social channels and email newsletter. Winners will, in the first instance, be contacted via email.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria
- Complexity - how complex the project is, scripting wise etc.
- Tracking - how well the content tracks to the image.
- Polish - SFX, nice animations, target events.
- Assets - quality of the 3D model, 2D images/UI.
- CTA - quality of the CTA.
- Theme - how closely the theme of the competition has been followed.
- Bonus points:
Bonus points will be awarded
- Narrative structure - how effectively the experience tells a story
- Hidden secret or surprise within the experience
Prize winners will be chosen by a panel of judges. In all matters, the decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Entrants will retain the copyright in their competition submission
By submitting your entry you consent that Zappar can use your entry in perpetuity for marketing and PR purposes on:
Zappar’s web properties, social channels, and print collateral
3rd party sites
Anywhere on the web that’s not listed above
The experience must be your own original work. Entrants are NOT allowed to use 3rd party content without a licence. Zappar is not legally responsible for users that submit work without consent from all relevant 3rd parties…
You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit the experience.
The experience may not include any third-party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained the explicit permission to use the materials.
You are responsible for the cost (if any) of creating your competition entry and sending it to us, as well as all other costs associated with participation in the competition
All entrants must have a ZapWorks personal account and access to the internet.
All entrants MUST use the target image provided in the brief
With every competition submission you can also submit your target image. Zapcode and zpp file. This is to check:
- The validity of your work
- For plagiarism
You will NOT be judged on the structure/organisation of your project file.
- Zappar cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Zappar is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the competition. Nothing shall exclude Zappar’’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- By entering the competition, you consent that Zappar may publish you as a winner on the Zappar website(s), Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.