Apply group properties to node that was removed from said group

I almost made a bug report, but thank god I did more testing to find out that this is intended behavior lol. I have a plane with scale [0.1, 0.1, 0.1]. If I right-click it, Wrap in group->leave scale ticked->WRAP NODE, the parent node now has the scale of the plane, and the plane itself has the scale [1, 1, 1]. If I now remove the plane from the group, its scale won’t go back to [0.1, 0.1, 0.1]. It feels unnatural that if I simply add a node to a group, then remove it, it lose its configurations. I suggest the following: when removing a node from a group, take into account the group’s configurations and reapply them to the node leaving the group, so it will appear as if nothing’s changed. For example, if the group has scale [0.1, 0.1, 0.1] and the plane inside has scale of [2, 2, 2], this means that the plane has effectively the scale of [0.2, 0.2, 0.2]. So if I remove the plane from the node, I want it to have the scale of [0.2, 0.2, 0.2].

It seems like removing the node from the group is freezing its transforms.

Do you have a project you can share with us in which this functionality has caused unwanted behaviour? E.g. caused issues with a timeline that controls a node’s scale.

Thanks,
Seb

I don’t think it’s unintended behavior showcase .

Could you take a look on this thread? Ty.