Advanced Video Scripting

Greetings!

I am trying to use a video in my experience. The video exists as a discreet, non-streaming mp4 file on a server of mine.
What I am trying to do:

1. Have a target image
  2. Call the video when the Target image is seen
  3. Have the video play full-screen (or scaled to 100% of the device’s screen) once
  4. Have the video play to its final frame
  5. Then, display a static image that links to a webpage

I have tried using the Video Player subsymbol, but it is not clear how to proportionally scale the video there to the edges of the device screen. I have been trying to use RelativeTo.Screen

I am not an experienced coder, and trying to manipulate video objects is confusing in relation to the Hirearchy,

Hey Tom,

We have a special implementation for full-screen video which you can read more about here - https://docs.zap.works/studio/audio-and-video/#a8-full-screen-streaming-video

If you have questions on the other points let us know :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Mark

Hello Mark,

Using your tutorial here and my research into your documentation, I was able to achieve an effect
using RelativeTo and Position elements.

I would like more assistance with my other points…chief among them would be #5
which would be how to end my video after the last frame AND then
display a static image (jpeg or png) that links to a webpage (form) .

Hey Tom,

Sure no worries, let me point you in the direction of the docs to answer your other questions :slight_smile:

1 - We have a tutorial on tracking images which shows you how to upload them to Studio and track content from them.
2 - We have a tutorial on target events which continues on from the tracking image tutorial and shows you how to alter content when the target is seen and lost in the camera view.
4 - If you’re using the full-screen video implementation, once the video starts playing it will pause the rest of your experience and return once it has finished so you can implement your image displaying after you call this line of code.
5 - We have an article on creating a button which links to a webpage, any plane or image can be used for this, simply import it into your media library and then drag it into the Hierarchy.

Hope this covers your points :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Mark