3D object won't show textures

I am having difficulties getting 3D assets to import and display correctly. My POD file imports, and I connect the textures to it in the import process, but it only displays as white in the project. I am new to 3D modelling, so it is very likely to be something that I have not done correctly, but I have compared my file to the example POD file (the zapbot) and can’t see an obvious difference in the way that the textures have been created.

I’m going to try to upload my files. I’d really appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

Hi there,

Could you please upload your model’s POD file and textures so we can investigate further?

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Margaux

Sorry it’s been a while, I’ve been away. But, I can’t figure out how to upload the POD files…

Hello,

To upload a file to the forum, all you need to do is drag and drop it in the window where you write your message. :slight_smile:

Also, we’d recommend that you upload one zip file containing the POD and texture files.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Margaux

Thanks, but when I try to upload a zip file, it says it has to be pdf, jpg… zip isn’t in the list, nor is POD.

I must be doing something wrong…

Hi again,

Oh, indeed, it seems that you can’t upload zip files, sorry!

Could you please send yours to support@zappar.com? We’ll take a look at your 3D model from there. :slight_smile:

Many thanks,
Margaux

Resolution???

Any Solutions to your problem ??

Hi Guys,

I believe the issue here was a case of the model having no UV map, most likely because it was using materials to display color.

As mentioned in our 3D documentation, models in ZapWorks Studio rely on a UV Map and textures in order to display correctly. If you’re seeing a model import as plain white then it’s worth checking both of these.

Thanks,
Mark